Monday, September 29, 2008

Matt's 2nd Birthday



I wanted to thank everyone for your concern and prayers with Matthew. Saturday was a pretty scarry day for us Matthew had gotten up early Sat. morning vomiting and with a 102 fever the Motrin didn't bring it down and with in 2 hrs he was at a 104 fever Scott gave him a bath to help cool him down and we got him an apt to see his pediatrician later the same day, Matt was resting on the couch while Scott and Matt were eating breakfast and I ran to the pharmacy to get some more Tylenol to see if we could get that to help his fever, while I was gone he had a "Fever Seizure", we ended up having to have him taken to the hospital by ambulance, we spent most of our day at the hospital running lot's of tests to make sure that there was nothing to worry about. They told us that he just has some kind of virus or flu bug and that his temp got way to high way to fast. We are so greatful for Family & Friends who were there for us and helped us in getting things taken care of. We were able to come home around 3:30ish and Matt still got to see some of his favorite people at his Birthday Party (he was a little mad about no cake for him though). But he still had a pretty good time he is now just trying to catch up on sleep he is pretty wiped out after everything. If you want to know more about this type of seizure you can check out:http://children.webmd.com/tc/fever-seiz ... c-overview

6 comments:

The Cureton Family said...

Oh Melinda! How scary! Poor little guy! I am glad he is doing better. Let me know if you guys need anything!

wackyjackie said...

What a sad birthday! Poor kiddo that must have been scary.

Kate said...

I'm glad everything is okay. I heard about Matt yesterday at church. I know of so many little kids (mine included) who have had fevers. I wonder if they all have the same thing? Daniel's fever spiked to 104 degrees on Friday, but then he was just fine that night. Glad Matt's on the mend. :)

Mama J said...

I am so glad your little boy is okay!!! That is seriously probably the scariest thing EVER! My 4 year old niece gets seizures ALOT and that is the scariest time is when she runs a fever! I am happy that he is doing better, hopefully you wont have to go through that again!

Eli, Leslie & Victoria said...

Hey Mel thanks for adding the bday pics so fast. Im still sad about missin it. well he looks like he got some great stuff! Scott cant have Matts shirt by the way. haha jk.

Jen and Ty said...

That is such a crazy story and good to know about. I just discovered your blog and have had a fun time looking at it. Your boys are so darling. Hope to see you soon...I know you are in primary so I hardly see you at church.
- Jen Martin