Friday, July 1, 2011

Garden

One of my favorite things that I have the best memories of from growing up was our garden! My mom and dad our amazing at the Garden's (granted they have great soil and the perfect climate for it, but they do good work) :-) I have tried off and on but for the last 3 years I have had really good gardens (for Flagstaff) and I am so proud that I can make things grow here. Lucky for me Scott let's me keep trying even though we don't usually get a lot out of it. This year I have to say is looking to be my best garden yet I am so excited to start getting some veggies and making salsa. This year we are growing Brussel Sprouts, Strawberries, Lettuce, Peas, Peppers: Bell, Jalapeno, New Mexico, & Big Jim's, Spinach, Green Beans (some of our favorites so we did 3 rows of just them!), and Tomatoes.









4 comments:

Tera said...

That is some serious gardening. I don't forsee any rabbits or elephants getting in.

Kim said...

Your garden is lovely Mel... I cannot wait until I can have one. I have no idea what I'm doing :). I remember lots of fun with you guys picking beans.

Amy Hanks said...

It looks so great! Good use of the dog kennel. he he. Enjoy all the yummy stuff!

MelindaLou said...

Tera the fencing is more to keep the kids and dog out. However we have had a racoons, skunk, & squirrels all come in so I am sure it keeps them out as well.
Kim you are just going to have to come out and help me pick. Lucky for us there aren't to many and we'll have plenty of talk time.