Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Not Quite Mother of the Year

So I am finally able to relax. (ok not really) I am going to blame this whole thing on my mom since I really need a scapegoat. She started this by making me a beautiful sequined, beaded & embroidered stocking. So when Scott and I got married I thought that he would need a fancy one too, so I got to work on his. It didn't seem to be a big deal. So then when I had Jacob I thought we had better get Jake a stocking done. (Yeah he was born in '04, and yes I just finished yesterday!) I started his for his 1st Christmas but with a new baby I just didn't get the time in to work on it, and it got put away after the holidays, so then the next year came around & I once again picked it up with every intention of finishing it oh and again I didn't finish it, last year my amazing sister Teresa did Matt's stocking for me (I think along with 2 for her family) and poor Jake's was only half done. So this year I was determined to get it finished so for a few weeks now I have done nothing but this stocking. I am so glad that it is finally finished, I told Scott that we can't have any more kids because I'm not doing any more stockings. Thanks a lot mom, next time pass me on something that maybe I can accomplish. :-)


7 comments:

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Wow. those look great.

Eli, Leslie & Victoria said...

I love the stockings, mine and Eli's are from big lots and i have no idea where i got Tori's but none of them even close to match haha, maybe i should pay someone to make me some cool ones like that.

Sandy Ballard said...

I love them all. Good job on finishing. We are going to be here for Christmas so let me know and we can get together.

Kristal said...

Hey, this is Kristal Mulder (hatch) from Scott's HS class. I just came across your blog from Tim's. Your family is soo cute! I can definately see some Jones in them. Anyway, hope you guys make it up to Snowflake (Scott said you guys were wanting to?)

jantzie said...

I am most entertained by the presents stacked above the stockings. Far away from curious hands eh? :D

Teresa :) said...

Amazing huh? haha It turned out great and I hear you about not having more kids for fear of the nest stocking project! haha we are silly. love ya
Tree

randa_joy said...

Hey I think you are a fancy mom!! I can tell by the wrapped gifts up top that the stocking was not the only thing you accomplished. Shopping and wrapping gifts is quite a feat with the help of two little munsters/toddlers!