Friday, December 7, 2007

Tis' the Season

Ok well this is a little slow getting up but here it is anyways. We finally put the Tree up on Monday, I think it turned out pretty good considering my helpers! We are definitely not one of the houses with the Beautiful Christmas Tree but it was lot's of fun. The boys both tried to help decorate it, Matt just pulled them off, which would be why we only have the tree decorated half way down now. (oh well at least we tried) I had originally thought we would just decorate the bottom of the tree with the Satin Balls, however Matt thought that they looked pretty yummy he was taking bites out of them like they were apples it was pretty funny. It about 3 hours we knew that was a bad idea. I also decided to paint ornaments for each of us this year it was fun and they turned out cute I do remember it being a lot more fun to paint the ornaments when my mom & dad & sisters & I all did them together, just doing them by myself was not quite so fun, maybe next year I will let the boys try and help me paint there own ornaments.

Jake was so excited to help

















The finished Tree








The boys thought it was really cool to check out the lights from underneath.




















Matt's 1st Victim

He looks pretty innocent doesn't he!









The after math, the poor things didn't stand a chance!
















I think they turned out pretty cute I really did have fun doing them, I'm even thinking about attemtping to do some Village houses to add to the collection next year.

7 comments:

randa_joy said...

Your tree and ornaments turned out awesome Miss Melinda Lou. Your boys are so, so cute too.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Mel I have to laugh at the balls, because I have a little ornament eater at my house too! Kids make life so much more interesting don't they? I miss you...I love coming to your blog and feeling a little part of your life! We need to chat, or get together for the holidays maybe?

Stephanie said...

You did a great job on the ornaments! I love them, they are too cute!

Eli, Leslie & Victoria said...

oh ya i think me and rat forgot to tell you about last Christmas. Tori and Chand broke about 8 glass balls on rats tree, it was soo funny, i think we just laughed then realized oh crap those are glass. that was an interesting night. haha

Amber said...

Cute tree! How come everyone else is smart enough to decorate only half way down the tree? I have so many broken ornaments!

Sandy Ballard said...

I gave up on the ornaments that fall apart like that when they go in the mouth. I have a blog now so keep in touch. Miss You. When are you coming to visit again?