Sunday, March 2, 2008

Everyday Hero's

I just wanted to take a minute to say a Heartfelt thank you to all of our Service Men & Women out there. When I think of the gifts and sacrifices that they give for me and my family it bring tears to my eyes and warmth to my heart. I feel so blessed that I live in this Country and that I have so many freedoms. I know that we are not in a perfect country and I don't always agree with decisions that are made and the reasons that they are made but I never am ungrateful to be here!

This is my Uncle Jim, he is just one of my Hero's that I am proud to know and love. He is one of the reasons that I wear my "Until They All Come Home" bracelet. It is something simple that I can do to help me not let a day go by without being thankful for all my blessing. Thank you Uncle Jim we love you so much!





This is my new Brother in Law Eli. He is just one more of my Hero's, even though I know that he would tell me he isn't. Yes you are! We are so happy to call you family now. And even more than that we are so grateful for your willingness to serve our country and keep our soldiers safe. We know how much you are giving up especially the time with your new family but we are so proud of you and want you to know how much we love you.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I love it!!! Very sweet... I updated ours so check it out... I love this it's so much fun... love ya

Anonymous said...

Mel--this is so great! We have a pretty amazing family don't we...the boys look great. Hope to see you & Scott soon. love-kara

Eli, Leslie & Victoria said...

hey this is really cool. love you mel