Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Life's Lessons



On Tuesday the boys and I were driving home from the library we pulled up behind an old VW Bus and stopped because the light was red, I wasn't really paying to much attention to the Bus and figured that they weren't turning right since there was a lot of traffic, when I looked forward I realized that there was this metal thing that looked to be a rear view mirror or something between me and the VW as I realized that it was metal and I would not want to drive over it for fear of damaging the car I put the car into park got out grabbed the hunk of metal and got back in the car and tossed it in the seat next to me, Jake asked what I was doing and I started giving him a lesson on "Littering" and that people should not through their garbage out in the street or leave it on the side of the road, that it was bad to do, while continuing on with the lesson the light turned green and the VW didn't move shortly there after a woman got out of the passenger side and waved us around and what point I went off on a little tirade about how people should use their hazard lights if they were broken down! So that people would know not to hold traffic up. By the time I was done on my "Soap Box" I looked over and realized that the contraption looked something like a reflector attached to the hunk of junk metal & at that moment as I am pulling in to the house I realized that I had gotten out of my car and stolen this ladies "hazard light" so to speak. I can't believe I am such a blond and of course I was way to embarrassed to try to go back to give it back so now I am confessing so that I can quit feeling quite so guilty.

Ok so I'm telling on myself here but I figured that you might all need a good laugh!
Here is to life's lessons and learning from them...

2 comments:

randa_joy said...

That is freakin' hilarious! So good.

Teresa :) said...

That is soooooooooo funny. I am laughing out loud at work right now and every one prob thinks I am crazy. haha Thanks for the laugh and dont feel to guilty I do stuff like that all the time! :)